Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it has officially set in that this year is almost over – it’s crunch time! After a week full of family, friends and food, it took me a couple days to gain momentum and get back in the swing of things. Anytime I feel stressed or under pressure, I go out for a run to free my mind. Over the weekend, I ran the trail around Lady Bird Lake and was inspired to share some inspiration to encourage you to bounce back and power up!
Whether you’re working towards meeting yearly goals, studying for finals or finishing up projects, it’s time to recharge & plan our power moves for the first quarter of 2017.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed or uninspired take a deep breath & remember why you started. Here are a few tips to recharge:
- Meditate: Close your eyes and visualize your goals, dreams and aspirations. Speak positivity into your life and create a daily affirmation like “My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.”
- Take a Break: Do everything in moderation. Give yourself 15 min breaks throughout the day to refresh your brain. Stand up, stretch and eat a healthy snack to get some energy.
- Write: Wake up each morning with intentions to conquer the day. Write down your thoughts, goals and to do’s. Then ,create a priority list and how you’ll you take action. Remember, small plans first, with realistic goals, builds confidence, then make bigger plans with bigger goals. Always have a plan.
- Unplug: Put the phone down, turn the TV off and get off the computer. Escape the digital distraction, information overload and experience the people around you. Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around, you could miss it.
- Get Active: Remember, health is wealth. Give yourself at least 30 minutes a day to go out for a walk, dance to your favorite playlist or attend a yoga class. Make it count!
- Read: Find a cozy corner and cuddle up with your favorite book. Get carried away in a good story and let your mind wander.
- Practice gratitude: Be grateful for how far you’ve come & trust that you’ve got everything inside of you to conquer what lies ahead. Remain grateful for all lessons and blessings you have endured this year, it’s only preparing you for what’s to come.
Remember, you become what you believe. Make your next move your best move. You hold all the power to success. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Finish strong and conquer from within.
Much love & many blessings,
Founder & CEO of Queens Conquer